Welcome

Welcome! I hope you found this because of your interest in spiritual development. Whether or not you agree that "love" is not a translation of "agape," I want to hear from you, so please contact me at agapeworker@gmail.com.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Agape Prayer Practice -- the beginning of a book

I’ve decided to write a book based on these postings of the last couple of years. I’ll structure it using the form of extended prayer practice that I call Agape Prayer. The last time I reported in this blog on the “Agape Prayer practice” was in the April, 2012 and July 27, 2010 postings.

I developed 7 ‘steps’ with the practice, as I prayed for an expanding list of persons (a few of the ‘steps’ took a long time to develop, so I didn’t move from ‘step to step’ until I was fully ready). The book will give a general summary that makes this prayer practice available for anyone else to follow.

The general outline and extensive notes for the book are quickly falling in line. As the writing is developing, the book structure will be 7 chapters that correspond to the 7 steps of Agape Prayer. So far, I added also an 11-page introduction, mainly explaining my theory that ‘agape’ should not be translated in the Bible as ‘love.’ I plan to add an appendix that gives a selection of the main scripture readings where 'agape' appeared in the original Greek, and I will leave 'agape' untranslated in the listing.


No comments:

Post a Comment